We’re so excited to announce that our wonderful FertilityIQ community has helped over a half a million patients! Together, we’ve been there for one other through the ups and downs and today, as much as ever, we really are smarter together.
To celebrate all of our hard work, and to say heartfelt thank you, we’re going to provide a $10,000 IVF grant to a member of our community. We hope this brings you, or someone you care about, one step closer to having the family of your dreams.
We're also going to be providing a BONUS GRANT to a new member of our community. If you submit a new assessment in the next two days, before 11:59 pm on September 27th, you'll be eligible to win an EXTRA grant. So run, don't walk (if that's a thing on the internet), to submit a review now!
Now, for some slightly boring details. Each grantee will be a patient who has contributed an assessment of their fertility doctor before the end of the day on October 12th (midnight EST to be exact). That person can choose to use the grant for themselves or gift it to someone they care about. We’ll select this person randomly, so there’s no need to submit any type of special application. We think of this as a grant, not a contest. There won’t be any judging or needless hoopla.
It’s definitely not too late to make yourself eligible -- every valid assessment of a fertility doctor received before the deadline counts. Just click here to start crafting an assessment (or hit the "Evaluate Your Doctor" button on the top-right of your screen). Just remember -- providing lots of details about your experience is really helpful for new patients! Your name is never shown on the review. And if you’ve already contributed a verified assessment, you’re automatically counted in (just make sure you've submitted your verification) – thank you for contributing!
And please, spread the word! If you tell a friend who ends up winning, you’ll be awarded $2,500. That money can go to treatment, a cause, baby gear or anything that matters to you.
We’re hoping this gift helps breathe new life into the world and gets useful information to patients who need it. For more information, check out the (even more detailed) guidelines below.
We're excited and we hope you are too!
Deborah and Jake
Grant Details & Rules:
For the randomly selected winning assessment, we’ll fund:
- A treatment cycle up to $10,000 for the author or anyone of their choosing. A check will be sent to their clinic of choice.
- $2,500 to the person or group who referred the author/grantee to write their assessment. The author should cite this person/group when prompted in the space provided in the assessment form.
Doctor evaluations will only be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- The Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) being assessed practices in the U.S.
- The RE must have been chiefly responsible for your care during that cycle. Assessments of RE’s who happened to perform services like monitoring will not be entered.
- Assessment is accompanied with verification that proves you were treated at this clinic (e.g. an email from the clinic, image of a clinical bill)
- The tone must be constructive, detailed, without profanity and publishable by our usual FIQ guidelines (click here to see our evaluation FAQs).
- Patient underwent medical treatment with this doctor. This would include a cycle of clomid, IUI, IVF or surgery would count. A consultation alone does not count.
- All assessments and verifications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST October 12, 2018 (or 11:59 PM EST September 27th for the bonus grant)
- Duplicate assessments (meaning you've already submitted a review of the same doctor) will not be counted as an additional entry
A few other general notes:
- Cycle must be used by before January, 2020
- We will send $10,000 directly to your reproductive endocrinologist’s clinic as a contribution towards your current or next IVF treatment cycle
- Make sure you check the e-mail you've provided on September 27th & October 12th. If you don't respond to us about the grant within 24 hours, we might select a new winner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If I’ve already submitted an assessment to FIQ that’s been published and verified, am I eligible to be included? Yes. You just need to double check that (1) your review is verified (if it’s already been published you’ll see a check mark next to it), and (2) that we haven’t asked you to provide more information to make your review publishable under our guidelines. Please don't submit another review of a doctor you've assessed before.
If I assessed two different doctors, does that enter my name twice?
Yes. Each assessment that meets our criteria is independently eligible. As a reminder, only assessments of the doctor chiefly responsible for your cycle will be eligible.
If I’m awarded this grant, can I remain anonymous to the public?
Yes. We will not release your identity unless you would like it to be publicly announced.
Are there restrictions on what type of patients can get a grant?
No, this is inclusive to any type of fertility patient who provided us an assessment that meets our criteria. We don't discriminate.